Financial Aid Appeals


Special-Unusual Circumstance Appeal Forms can be used by students to report unusual circumstances that may impact their ability to pay for their education at Eureka College that was not reflected on the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). These circumstances can be conditions that have recently reduced the family's income drastically (e.g. loss of job; reduction in wages; loss of one-time income) or extraordinary expenses that provide the family with less disposable income (e.g. significant medical expenses).

Dependency Override Forms are available to students who are determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be classified a dependent student, but meet limited conditions to be considered an independent student.

Budget Appeal Forms are available to students whose Cost of Attendance budget is not sufficient to meet their education-related costs and additional borrowing capacity is desired.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Appeal Forms are available to students who did not meet the SAP eligibility requirement to receive Federal and/or State Financial Aid.  Eureka College SAP Financial Aid Appeal Form

To obtain an Appeal or Override form, please email the Office of Financial Aid at A Financial Aid Specialist will assist you in evaluating your eligibility for consideration.